Tuesday 6 November 2012

A Quickie - Stick it out or cheat?

We are approaching the first big milestone, 1 whole month living down here. Swiftly to be followed by a day later, hubby flying to New Zealand for almost 2 weeks!!

That's not only the longest we have ever been apart, but nearly 2 weeks of just me and the children. As much as I adore them, that is a bloody long time. 2 weeks of bedtimes, just me, getting 2 children bathed, dressed, 1 breastfed and down to bed. Did I mention on my own?

A couple of weeks ago, Hubby went to Austria for a couple of nights and I had to do it then, it was hard work, but I managed. However the thought of 2 weeks.....arrrggghh. I seriously  take my hat off to single parents.

Talk about being thrown in at the deep end, not only do I not know anyone down here, I'm going to be totally on my own! Would it be cheating to ask my Mum and Dad to take a week off each and come and stay with me, or should I tough it out?

No comments:

Post a Comment